Portable Fire Extinguisher Safety Tips for Clovis?
Our Clovis team responds to fire damage emergencies each year, and many start in the kitchen. Here are some tips from the National Fire Protection Association for selecting and using a fire extinguisher:
- For the home, select a multi-purpose extinguisher (can be used on all types of home fires) that is large enough to put out a small fire but not so heavy as to be difficult to handle
- Choose a fire extinguisher that carries the label of an independent testing laboratory
- Read the instructions that come with the fire extinguisher and become familiar with its parts and operation before a fire breaks out. Local fire departments or fire equipment distributors often offer hands-on fire extinguisher trainings.
- Install fire extinguishers close to an exit and keep your back to a clear exit when you use the device so you can make an easy escape if the fire cannot be controlled. If the room fills with smoke, leave immediately.
- Know when to go. Fire extinguishers are one element of a fire response plan, but the primary element is safe escape. Every household should have a home fire escape plan and working smoke alarms.
Call Us Today!
When you have a fire damage emergency in your Clovis home or commercial business, our Clovis team is always Here to Help. ® Call us today at 559-297-3429.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.